WE offer several levels of professional Shiatsu and Yoga Teacher Training. Each module is complete in itself and students may choose to which level of proficiency they would like to advance. Graduates obtain the following certification with each module. Module 1 can be done as a single certification course and is complete in itself.
Module 1 (150 Hours) ; Shiatsu Massage and Accupressure certification, accredited with SYM-International
Module 2 (150 Hours) ; Yoga Teacher Training certification accredited with Yoga Alliance International (valid world-wide) and Advanced Shiatsu certification with SYM-International.
Module 3 (150 Hours) ; Full Shiatsu Practitioner Diploma and Yoga Therapy certification with SYM-International (you can validate this training with the relevant Shiatsu federation in your country).
Each module consists of a 3 week intensive residential program of 150 hours of tuition and supervised practice (150 contact hours) and 30 hours of home study (non-contact hours). We provide delicious vegetarian / vegan food cooked by our chef Nina Manaf.
Set in a beautiful location the course provides a safe and great environment for this full immersion into Yoga and Shiatsu, practice and healing. The full course is based on 450 hours of tuition plus 100 recorded treatments per year in addition to written assignments (Anatomy & Physiology, case histories and a short thesis).
The course follows the European Shiatsu Federation international standard. Yoga is Integrated into all Shiatsu courses; students receive the 200 hour Yoga Teacher certification with Yoga Alliance International after successfully completing the second module.
Graduates obtain the following certification with each module, Each module is taken annually, module one can be done as a single certification course.
• Hatha Yoga: Asana / Pranayama/ Meditation / Relaxation.
• Principles of touch / Sensitivity to Qi and positive connection to receiver's Qi.
• Continuity and fluency of movement / Mental and physical concentration.
• Techniques : Shiatsu in prone, supine, side and sitting positions.
• Contra-indications / Accurate location of the classical meridians.
• Chinese organ and meridian functions / The Chakras
• Anatomy & Physiology / Palpation and diagnosis
• Location and function of 100 common Acu-or Pressure points LU : 1,5,7,9,11 / LI : 1,4,10,11,15,20
• ST : 1,3,9,17,25,30,36,40,44,45 / SP : 1,3,6,9,10,15, 21
• HT : 1,3,7,9 / SI : 1,3,9,10,11,19
• BL: 1,2,10,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,25,27,28,36,40, 57,60,67 / KI : 1,3,6,10,16, 27
• PE : 1,3,6,7,8,9 / TH : 1,4,5,14,23
• GB : 1,12,14,20,21,24,25,30,34,40,44 / LV : 1,3,5,8,13,14
• GV : 1,2, 3, 4,14,16,20,26 / CV : 3,4,5,6,8,12,14,17,24
• Hatha Yoga : Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Relaxation, Philosophy, Ethics, Teaching Method and Practicum.
• Anatomy and Physiology / The Chakra System:
• Yin-Yang, Zang-Fu / The 8 principles
• Vital substances / Principles of energy circulation
• The six divisions / The 3 burners
• Causes of disease / Organ functions
• Zen Shiatsu Meridians & functions / Kyo-jitsu theory and application
• Meridian stretches and application / Palpation or touch diagnosis
• The 5 elements or transformations / Signs & symptoms of imbalance
• Oriental diagnosis: Observation (posture, face) / Listening (voice, breathing)
• Questioning (symptoms, medical history)
• Yoga practice and treatment / Nutrition
• Diagnosis and treatment / Pathology
• Case studies / Client practitioner relationship / Counceling and listening skills
• Energy scanning & frequencies / The 7 main chakras & secondary chakras
• Hara Shiatsu / Shiatsu as energy medicine
• Shiatsu and the Western Holistic Tradition / Supervised treatments
• Practice management
Evaluation Procedure and Grading Criteria
• Students will be required to have completed all the set assignments by the end of each module and pass the end exam
• Students will be expected to show proficiency and improvement in their own practice, teaching and understanding.
• The practical evaluation is based on continual assessment and students are expected to complete a minimum of 90% of contact hours.
Trainees should attend a minimum of 90% of the course. Should trainees miss more than this minimum they will need to agree with the teacher which modules to re-take. SYM reserves the right to charge additional fees for these catch up modules.
Please wear comfortable plain white, yellow or blue clothes, no logos. We like to encourage students to wear positive happy colours which facilitate learning and energy work. Colour therapy and its association with the chakras will be discussed further during the course.
In addition to the healing modalities explored in the course, students have the opportunity to arrange private treatments with Gerry, a certified therapist in Shiatsu and Chinese Medicine or treatment with Max, a trained shiatsu practitioner as well as Kinesiologist. These can be arranged at an additional cost during the course.
Gerry Rixen SYT (Senior Yoga Teacher)
Massimo Cantara Yoga Teacher 500 Hr
Anna Leslie ; Yoga Teacher 200 Hr
Arrival date 28 september 2019 / Departure date 20 October 2019
Dormitory ; 2000 Euros
Twin shared bedroom ; 2400 Euros
Single ; 2700 Euros
Course fees include tuition,accommodation, course manual and textbook, pick up (and drop off) from Peniscola/Benicarlo railway station, two main vegetarian / vegan/ gluten free delicious meals per day and SYM certification.
Location : Cervera Del Maestre, Valencia,
08:00 - 10:30 Yoga Asana, Meditation & Pranayama
10:30 - 10:45 Break ; Breakfast
10:45 - 12:15 Shiatsu: Practice & Theory
12:15 - 15:30 Lunch & Break
15:30 - 17:15 Anatomy & Physiology / TCM Theory
17:30 - 19:30 Shiatsu: Practice
Students have 1 full free day per week. We advise students to do at least 1 h of homework daily plus several hours on days off REGISTER NOW